Netspend Prepaid Debit Card
Let's talk a little bit about what this Netspend Prepaid Debit Card is:
Netspend is a company that offers prepaid debit cards aimed to serve the underbanked population. Their cards offer customers an alternative to traditional banking. The Sosa Brothers founded the company in 1999. Since then, Netspend has acquired partnerships with many well known companies such as Walmart, Western Union, and Paypal, and the have activated over 1.5 million cards for people looking for different ways to meet their banking needs.
What Is the Netspend Prepaid Debit Card Used For?
Netspend Prepaid Debit Cards can be used for purchases almost everywhere Visa is accepted. Some other uses might include:
- Direct Deposits
- Alternative to traditional banking
- Bank transfers
- Cash back
Quick Facts About Netspend:
- Founded in 1999 by the Sosa Brothers
- More than 10 million cardholders
- Partnerships with several well known companies
- 70,000+ distribution centers
- Acquired by TSYS in 2013, which serves more than 50% of the largest global banks
How To Setup Netspend Prepaid Debit Card:
- Download and open the Netspend app.
- Click Activate.
- Either scan the Netspend Prepaid Card, or enter the card information manually.
- Create a username and password, and answer security questions.
- Create a pin number.
- Verify your identity by filling out the fields with personal information.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Your card is now active and ready to be used while you wait for your personalized card to arrive in the mail.
Is the Netspend Prepaid Debit Card Life Changing?:
I wouldn't necessarily say that the Netspend Prepaid Debit Card is life changing, however it can be a pretty convenient option for those who can't or do not want to use a traditional bank, but still need to have some sort of account. It's very simple to activate and set up, more so than some other prepaid cards. As far as fees, they seem to be comparable to other prepaid cards though. Overall, this is a nice little card to use for direct deposits, purchases, et cetera.