Walmart Prepaid Debit Card
Let's talk a little bit about what this Walmart Prepaid Debit Card is:
Walmart is a worldwide department store where you can get everything from groceries, to clothes, to electronics, and even have automobile services done. It started out as a small discount store, and has now grown into one of the, if not the largest retailer in the world. Walmart now has an online store, as well as some other stores under their main umbrella such as Walmart Neighborhood Markets and Sam's Club.
What Is the Walmart Prepaid Debit Card Used For?
Walmart Prepaid Debit Cards can be used for purchases almost everywhere Visa is accepted. Some other uses might include:
- Direct Deposits
- For teenagers to use as an alternative to cash
- Alternative to traditional banking
- Bank transfers
- Cash back on Walmart purchases
Quick Facts About Walmart:
- Founded in 1962 by Sam Walton
- More than 2.2 million employees
- More than 11,300 stores operating in 27 countries
- $514.4 billion in revenue in 2019
How To Setup Walmart Prepaid Debit Card:
- You can activate your card either on the website or over the phone. The website URL and phone number will both be listed on a sticker on the card when you open the package.
- If using the website, scroll down until you see a blue bar that says, "Have a New Card in Hand? Register Now."
- On the next screen enter the 16 digit card number, CVC, and expiration date. Click Next.
- Enter your personal information such as name, address, and phone number.
- Agree to terms and conditions, and click Continue.
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your phone.
- Create your login credentials.
- Your account is now activated and a personalized card will be mailed to you.
Is the Walmart Prepaid Debit Card Life Changing?:
The Walmart Prepaid Debit Card could definitely be very convenient and beneficial, but I wouldn't say that it is a life changer. If you shop at Walmart a lot, this card could be really great for you so that you can get cash back on your purchases, and it's also nice to be able to give money to your teenage children without having to deal with cash. There are some fees that come along with the card though, so if you do choose to purchase and use this card, be sure to read over the terms and conditions so that there are no surprises.