Western Union Prepaid Debit Card
Let's talk a little bit about what this Western Union Prepaid Debit Card is:
WESTERN UNION COMPANY:
Western Union has been around for over 150 years. What started off as a printing telegram company in 1851, has now grown into a worldwide financial services company, and probably one of the most well known companies that allows you to send money all over the world. As of 2006, Western Union no longer offers does telegrams, but they have added a whole slew of other services including wire transfers, bill pay, money orders, and now even prepaid cards.
What Is the Western Union Prepaid Debit Card Used For?
Western Union Prepaid Debit Cards can be used for purchases almost everywhere Mastercard is accepted. Some other uses might include:
- Direct Deposits
- Alternative to traditional banking
- Money transfers
- Cash back with Payback Rewards
- Mobile alerts
Quick Facts About Western Union:
- Founded in 1851 by Ezra Cornell
- Originally was a printed telegram company
- 12,000 employees
- $5.6 billion in revenue in 2018
How To Setup Western Union Prepaid Debit Card:
- Download the app or go to the website.
- Click activate card
- Enter the Card information
- Create your login information
- Create pin
- Verify identity by filling in personal information fields
- Answer the security questions
- Enter verification code sent to your email
- Review and e-sign the disclosure agreement
Is the Western Union Prepaid Debit Card Life Changing?:
Western Union is definitely a well-known worldwide company for a reason, they have allowed millions of people with their financial and communication needs over their long history, but is their prepaid card life changing? I would have to say, not really. While it is convenient to have an option for meet banking needs without having to have a traditional bank account, there are many other prepaid cards on the market that are comparable. So no, in my opinion, the Western Union Prepaid Card is not life changing.